In accordance with the Kentlands Community Charter Section 3-106, Disposition of Real Property (b) leasing, no lot, living unit or accessory unit may be leased for a period of less than six months and no lot, living unit or accessory unit may be occupied by a non-Titleholder unless its occupants are either members or guests of the Titleholder's household or are residents or guests pursuant to a bona fide lease. The minimum lease terms set forth herein shall not be applicable to living units offered on a rental basis within Multi-Family Structures. A lease to be bona fide must include a general statement of the obligations of the lessee, members of a household and its invitees, and to the Assembly. All Titleholder leasing their lots, living units or accessory units other than Titleholders of Multi-Family Structures shall file a copy of the lease with the Assembly.
The following are the Titleholders obligation for leasing a Living Unit or accessory unit:
- Apply to the City of Gaithersburg for rental housing.
- Provide a lease which includes a general statement of the obligations of the lessee, members of the household and invitees, to the Kentlands Citizens Assembly (KCA.)
- Provide the tenants with information regarding the property and the rules of the KCA.
- Have tenants complete the following forms which will allow them access to KCA amenities: (Fitness room, Tennis & Pickleball Courts, Basketball Court, and Pool)
Once your application has been approved by the City of Gaithersburg and a valid lease has been signed, tenants should:
- Bring a copy of your lease in full and any other appropriate documents (referenced above) to the KCA Clubhouse located at 485 Tschiffely Square Road.
- Once all forms have been verified, tenant(s) will be able to receive their KCA's Electronic Facilities Pass (EFP.)